Thursday, March 9, 2017

Immersion Project Day 7

It's been a couple days and I apologize. I was traveling and now I'm back in Chicago. On the 7th, I struggled a little bit. Not that I missed eating meat but the fact that I felt so limited to what I could have. When I was waiting for my flight at the airport, I looked around the eating area for something to eat. Mostly everything that they had was fish or fast food. This made it hard for me because the only fast food meal for a vegetarian at those restaurants is a salad, which seemed super bland to me. I ended up settling on a slice of cheese pizza but it still felt boring. If I want to keep my sanity during this project I'm going to have to get creative with my meals. My little sister was checking out pinterest and she said she could help me come up with something cool to eat besides all the bland food that it seemed that I'm eating. Maybe Friday?

Another thing that made the day coming home rough was that my dad is really mad that I decided to do this project. He is in denial that I'm actually a vegetarian and went out of his way to make steak tacos for the family. When I asked if he had anything else in the fridge he said we only had pork chops so I could just make the tator tots in the freezer. My dad has always been a hefty cook and always has some sort of meat at every family meal. It's going to be hard the next couple of days being home because I have to fend for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment