Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Immersion Project Day 15

I'm doing a really bad job doing healthy eating because I found a TV show on Netflix that I've been binge watching for the past two days. Ever since I took meat out of my diet I've been doing really well eating healthy with majority of my meals consisting of some sort of fruit, veggie, or nut.
Now I'm not one to really binge watch shows but it's really distracting me from doing school work. I also keep eating chips and fries. I'm just here enjoying all the starch. This is probably a good time to bring up the biggest problem with being a vegetarian: unhealthy food. Now there's unhealthy food in literally everyone's situation. Even vegans. The problem is that vegetarians and vegans have less positive options to use from if they get tired of vegetables. My solution and  savior to this issue to spicy food. Before, I would never eat spicy food; I just preferred a cheeseburger but I've been eating a lot of Mexican, Thai, and Chinese food since I started this project. From this, I learned that most food I ate before didn't have a lot of flavor at all. I was boring. Adding spices to food is what makes it good. The more I discover about food as I go through this project the more certain I am that you don't need to have chicken or beef on your plate to enjoy a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment