Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Immersion Project Day 1

So today starts the first day of being a vegetarian for a month and I'm extremely excited. For months, I've been interested in changing my diet in this way and I guess the best way to get myself to do something is when it's for my education. Already today, my friend shared with me that chicken nuggets are not vegetarian so he could soil my mood but you know what is vegetarian? Tator tots! The best form a potato, hands down. Take that meat eaters.

One thing I'm a little worried about while doing this project is that instead of being healthier (which is sort of the point of why I'm doing this) I'm to eat a bunch of junk like tator tots. I ate a handful of nuts today to get some protein but what if I end up eating a tub of ice cream later? This project is definitely going to take a lot of self-control I realize. I'm also worried that I'll keep thinking about chicken and beef. As I walking to class, I thought about what I could get that doesn't have meat in it. I could probably get a sandwich but I've also never gotten one with a slice of deli meat on it.

Those are just a few things I might struggle with but I'm feeling pretty confident right now. I'll probably be posting on snap chat about how being a vegetarian makes me feel and I'll post about the food I'm eating, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment