Saturday, March 4, 2017

Immersion Project Day 4

So this is officially the fourth day of being a vegetarian and I think this process is going to be easier while being in Seattle. Due to the fact that I'm in the hipster capital of the United States, it won't be hard finding a variety of vegetarian and vegan options. While trying my first cup of coffee here, which was delicious, I had a vegetarian sandwich. I really can't say what was on it besides pickled onions and cheddar cheese. It had this sweet sauce on it that made it taste Mediterranean. It was different from what I usually eat since I'm used to eating the average American diet of pizza, fries, and soda. This change in my diet has gotten me to open up to a variety of flavors that I've always been too scared to try because getting a cheeseburger was always an option, and I love those. Knowing that I can't eat them forces me to try something new.

Not only has being vegetarian opened me up to different foods but I've also noticed a change in my attitude. From my research, I learned that not eating meat can lead to happiness and more energy. For the past four days it has been easier to get out of bed when before I usually didn't get up until after the fifth time of hitting the snooze button. I'm not sure if the positive attitude is from eating plants or if I'm just excited about this change. I really hope it's both. Also, people were telling me that I would feel cravings and would always feel hungry. That's not true at all, I just want more coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment