Sunday, March 12, 2017

Immersion Project Day 12

I should probably talk about how I've been feeling lately since I became a vegetarian since I haven't mentioned it much. I wouldn't say I eat the healthiest food but I'm my best to not over eat. I notice that my stomach has gone down a little bit and it's only been 12 days. That's honestly insane to me. A lot of people don't think I'm actually committed. Lizzy thinks that I will just stop after the month is over and that's when I'll start falling apart and crave meat. She thinks the only reason that I'm still stable is because getting an A on this project sounds nice, which is does, but I don't think that's the case. Since I started, I just don't have the desire to eat meat. When my dad offered me those steak tacos a few days ago, I was a little disgusted. Something that I always loved to eat just didn't sound appealing to me anymore. I think part of this has to do with the fact that I realized that meat doesn't have a lot of flavor to it. I started eating a lot more vegetables and adding peppers to my meals and I noticed that veggies are where all the flavor comes from. I really started to notice the different types of flavors that are out there. It's like a game to me to try and find the most unique thing. This is why I tried Irish curry, goat cheese, and peppers. These are things in the past that I wouldn't bother with but staying away from meat has opened my eyes to a whole new world of food. I think Lizzy is wrong and this feeling isn't about the project anymore. I'm happy where I am right now and this was a good decision to make for an immersion project.

No comments:

Post a Comment