Sunday, March 12, 2017

Immersion Project Day 11

This was an eventful day since it was the last day I was going to be in Chicago until May unless I decide to go next weekend to see some friends who will be home. I wanted to make this a good day. I made plans with my now ex vegetarian friend Lizzy and a few of our friends to go to this really good vegan restaurant on the north side called Native Foods. I was hoping I could write about it in this blog but I sadly wasn't able to go make it since the parade was going on and it was extremely crowded. I would've taken the train but there were drunk people everywhere. So I settled on Dao, which is a really good local sushi place. I had the best vegetarian mango roll I've ever had there and it was definitely a taste to remember. I notice that I eat a lot of Thai and Chinese food while being vegetarian because they have a lot of vegan options. Before that I hung out with my high school friends Danielle and Anna. Anna herself is also a vegetarian and was excited to make buffalo veggie nuggets for me. This was one thing I'd been looking forward to since before I even started this project. I have been really curious about trying vegetarian meat. This was the third time I've have fake meat since making this change to my diet and it's exciting.
I also talked to Anna about she experiences eating meat since she's been a vegetarian ever since she was a kid. I learned that if she eats meat by accident, her stomach can't handle it and she ends up throwing it right back up. She said that usually after 6 months without meat, most people will get sick if they decide to start eating it again.
I wonder if it would be the same for me because I've been eating meat my whole life. If at the end of my journey I decide to stay vegetarian, would my stomach still remember the feeling of meat in my belly if I decide to eat it 6 months later? They say that every body is different and I won't know unless I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment